Sunday, April 17, 2011

Storyteller Progress

Some classes are finished constructing their storyteller sculptures...

A week or two to dry and bisque fire then we can begin to paint. I'm thinking I'll keep them to a limited palette of browns, black, white and maybe turquoise...


And another view...


I think the animal figures have turned out much better than the human figures this year...


but we'll see what happens after the bisque firings...hopefully there will be no explosions or other surprises in store for me!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind comments. I will post some more details aboutnthe project. I have a pic of the traced values the kids did before they painted. All the six graders did this. I have an extremely talented group this year. But some do not get it and struggle. Ive enjoyed looking through your blog and the tips you have for other teachers. I like the most popular post sidebar as well.

    ReplyDelete

More Elementary Art Blogs