Monday, April 25, 2011

3D Artwork from our K-5 Schools

I found a lot of inspiration from the 3D tables at our annual district art show.
We're fortunate that every school has a kiln so there is always a good sampling of ceramic projects. In this post, I'll concentrate on the non-ceramic 3D.

We had some Chihuly sculptures, paper mache and ...well, here are some pix:

This is a gorgeous quilt done for a classroom teacher by her students while in art class. My art colleague had the students each complete one square and sent it home w/the classroom teacher for sewing and quilting.


Aren't these fun? Simply done in felt with applique and blanket stitching around the edge...



One of the most colorful tables - love those Chihuly sculptures...


Fun masks made with aluminum tooling and permanent markers...



Fancy 'glasses' made with layers of paper mache...



Hope you enjoyed these...I work some fantastically creative & talented colleagues, don't you think?

1st Anniversary GIVEAWAY on the 29th for my followers...

3 comments:

  1. I love the quilt. Do you have any close-ups? Or, could you tell what they used? I couldn't tell from the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome masks!
    I recently discovered your blog and found it to be a valuable resource with wonderful ideas.
    I have selected you as the recipient of the "Valuable Blogger Award". Please see my latest blog post for details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love more info on the quilt as well! I am a quilter too and I never thought of doing sewing in Art class

    ReplyDelete

More Elementary Art Blogs