Monday, January 10, 2011

"Thumbs on Top"

We are finishing up paintings and prints these days so a lot of wet media is 'walking' around the room during class. I have a saying that I use to remind the students to hang on to their work: "Thumbs on top!"


I demonstrate all the terrible things that can happen when they DON"T hold onto their work...

work can end upside down on the floor...

work can end up pressed on your shirt (happened just last week)...

work can end up on your neighbor...

Then I demonstrate how none of that happens when you have your thumbs on top of your work as you carry it to the drying rack...


I was thinking of putting it to music - like "Pants on the Ground" made famous on American Idol last season...

Thumbs on the top
Thumbs on the top
Work can't fall
If you have
Thumbs on the top!

Hmm...maybe I can moonlight as a songwriter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Elementary Art Blogs