Sunday, March 13, 2011

Clay Sculpture in First Grades

My first graders are finishing the construction of their 3D ceramic imaginary animal sculpture, building on their knowledge from the previous 2D animal paper collages.

Look how happy this guy is!


Students also had to create a habitat for their animal...


I love these ventilated crates - the work dries so much quicker & thoroughly than when placed on a solid shelf. I found these black ones at Treasures 4 Teachers a few months ago. I also use donated stacking bread trays.


Each 1st grade class has a different color for their name tag (this class had white) which is thrown away once I've written the name and class code on the bottom of the base.


The work should be ready for the bisque firing when we get back from Spring Break on the 21st of this month...

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Elementary Art Blogs